Five months of planning, working, plotting, and preparation come together today. In several hours, we'll start the cars and head to Natchitoches, LA. Our permit says that we can start setting-ip at 1:00 pm in the city park. For anyone who needs a GPS address, go to 400 Amulet St, Natchitoches, LA then look down the hill. The parking lot is on the corner of 5th and Amulet.
I'm humbly grateful at the amount of participation so far. We have over 50 pre-registered and as late as last night, I was getting notifications on Facebook of folks coming that we had not suspected were coming. As this is my first time hosting a titled, sanctioned shoot, I suspect that this is not uncommon. That some folks just decide at the last minute to drive across the country. We have shooters coming form as far away as Virginia and Nevada. The bulk of the shooters will be from Texas, and Oklahoma but many states will be represented, including Arkansas, Georgia, and Missouri.
At this stage of the game, I only have a few wishes for the remainder of this operation.
1. That all the participants travel safely to the venue.
2. That the team continues to work smoothly and that we work through the inevitable glitches
3. That everyone has a good time, with goodwill and friendly competition.
4. That we show off the City of Natchitoches to the shooters and we show the color and excitement of Cowboy Fast Draw to the City of Natchitoches.
5. That everyone returns home safely.
It's show time.