Tuesday, November 04, 2014

On the Truck

The brown truck of happiness came today with an order I've been expecting.  I've been a big fan of corded drills, and have a couple of them that I really like, but recently I've been convinced that a cordless portable drill is handy for a great deal of tasks.  But, I wanted a good one, and I did some research, both online and talking to guys who use tools every day.  One name kept popping up, DeWalt.  Evidently, they make pretty good tools.

So, I looked at them in the box stores, then started looking online, and I found this little darling, the DeWalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill/Driver Kit.  It comes with the drill/driver, two batteries, a charger, and a nylon carry bag.  The bag is big enough that I can carry two bit sets in the bag with the drill.  Of course, it was on sale at Amazon.

When you can't get to an outlet, the idea of a cordless drill is very handy.  Heck, for most small tasks, it's not worth it do drag out an extension cord.  I've got a feeling that I'm going to like this drill a lot.

2 comments:

Titan Mk6B said...

You're going to like it. I have a little trouble with the chuck not staying tight enough and sometimes you will lose what is in there. But overall they work very well.

I have two and my oldest one is on it's third set of batteries. They hold up well.

Anonymous said...

Almost all of my cordless tools are DeWalt, so the batteries are all interchangeable. I can't remember the last time I used a corded drill other than the drill press. Same goes for reciprocating saws, too.