Monday, May 28, 2012

Imbecile!

Evidently, there's this imbecile, Chris Hayes at MSNBC, who claims that calling our fallen "heroes" makes him uncomfortable.  You don't have to watch the clip, but I've embedded it below.  I've also quoted the relevant words.

I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war.
This guy is obviously an idiot who has no idea what it's like to pull your boots on, get on a boat, or a plane, or a truck and go to a place where folks want to shoot at you.  He's also uncomfortable calling the folks who do these things hero.  Today we remember those who gave the last full measure of devotion to our country.

I would recommend to Mr. Hayes that he immediately resign his position at MSNBC, hie himself down to the recruiting offices and sign up to serve. Once he's heard shots fired in anger, and once he's helped haul is wounded buddy out of the zone, then maybe he'll be fit to proffer an opinion about who is a hero and who is not.  Until then, he needs to shut the hell up and be grateful that there are people who go in harm's way on his behalf.  At this point, I consider him an ungrateful coward, unfit to scrub the toilets of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen who go in harm's way.

People like Chris Hayes really, truly, piss me off.

EDIT** The video ran at opening and was aggravating as old Billy hell, so I culled it.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Concur... He's an idiot. But then again he IS on PMSNBC...