Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin

Interesting. I learned this afternoon that McCain picked Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Very interesting choice. It was politically risky, but what I know about her, I like.

1. She's a mother of five children. She probably understands families as well as anyone. She's pro-life, and I understand her youngest child has Downs syndrome. Her husband works in the oil field.

2. She's the governor of Alaska. Granted, she was elected in 2006, but she's a governor with all that entails.

3. She's from Alaska, probably our last frontier. She understands freedom, as all Alaskans do.

4. She's a hunter. She owns her own rifle. She's a life member of the NRA.



Granted, her foreign policy experience is probably non-existent, but as VP, it doesn't need to be extensive. I like what I'm reading about her.

The fact that she's a woman matters not. Unless you want a cheap political pander to the PUMAs. Some might consider Palin as McCain's answer to the female electorate, but I think it's more than that. She's a conservative that conservatives can like.

I like her.

3 comments:

be603 said...

well not totally zero on foreign policy. AK does border both Russia, Canada and has major international fisheries issues.

Anonymous said...

She's a breath of fresh air, she works for me. Should change the ticket to read Palin/McCain.

Rivrdog said...

...and since, upon arrival of the new F-22 fighter squadron in AK, the Russ TU-95 Bear recon bombers have gotten active again, she, as Commander in Chief of the AK Air Nasty Guard, has actually put some military experience under her, what, 22" belt.