Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tuesday

Thankfully, I'm not paid for what I do, or I wouldn't have been paid today. I showed up for work this morning and made my rounds and showed people that I was available, and piddled with this and that. Some days are like that, being basically a beat cop. I was on the beat all day long, but everyone was making nice, so I didn't have to do anything. I did get out and direct a little traffic today, so it wasn't a total waste.

Of course, I listened to the police radio, and my boss was moving around, checking on things, doing the boss job. I never saw him. Not that it matters much, either my supervisor or the big boss are welcome to come see me whenever they like. There are occasionally times when I find my supervisor on my beat, and I ask if he is looking for me, and he isn't. He is just passing through.

Too many people are worried when the boss checks up on them, but it never bothered me much, because I will always be found doing my job. I've heard other cops say that it bothered them to have the supevisor check on them, but on a slow day he gets bored too. Let him come visit if he wants to.

I have to go back, for a game, so I haven't even taken off my uniform yet. Blogging in boots and a tee-shirt, as it were. I did get out of the duty rig for awhile.

I've been reading some of the other blogs, but nothing much really hits my eye. It is a slow news day. The lady works tonite, and when I get home it will be to an empty house.

No comments: