Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Brokebutt Mountain

No, that ain't right. Bareback Mountain. No, try again. Brokeback Mountain. That's it. Story about two guys exploring their ..... well....

Anyway, I was listening to some students today and one said "Gay cowboys need love too." Well, I guess that's right, but I don't know any gay cowboys. I'm sure there must be some, but I don't know any. I do have a nephew that lives in Houston with his boyfriend and they both wear big hats, but probably wouldn't know the difference between a hackamore and a snaffle bit.

I haven't seen the movie, but from what I have seen from the trailers and the teasers is that they were running sheep, which makes them shepherds. Which makes me wonder about them all the more. The sheep are probably metaphors for something, but I wouldn't go there for the world.

I'm sure you have all heard bad jokes about raising sheep. They are almost a stereotypical. The reason stereotypes exist is because there is a heck of a lot of truth to them.

I've been a cattleman. Not a cowboy. The difference is that I owned my land, and my stock and I hired cowboys when I needed them. One thing I would never tolerate is a cowboy abusing the stock. The stock is what makes the money in a cattle operation. Don't abuse the stock. Nada, comprehende?

Seems these two buckaroos was abusing each other, which probably kept the stock safe.

'Nuff said about that movie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One comment about the movie: yuck.

Rachel said...

Brokebutt?? Ha!Ha! That sounds more like it!!

Rivrdog said...

They liked it. They loved it. They wanted more of it.

Heh!

Anonymous said...

News flash! Friday, Jan 20, _Town Talk_ page D6: It's playing Jan 27 at The Grand in Alexandria! Pawpaw, better get your tickets now!