Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Transphobia

 Am I transphobic?  No, not by any standard definition. A phobia is an unreasonable fear.  I know a couple of trans persons, and I'm not afraid of either of them,  I hope they work through their issues and wneb I'm with them, I try to be kind and gentle.

If we made a Venn diagram with trans people in one bobble, and crazy people with gun in the other bubble, there would be some overlap. Those are the people I am truly concerned about.  Mental patients with guns is never a good overlap.  I do not think that is an unreasonable concern.

5 comments:

Angus McThag said...

Good news!

As a percentage of the US population, there's not that many trans folks.

Crazy enough to murder someone is a very small subset of that.

The person most at risk of a transsexual with a gun is themselves. Suicide is all too common.

One suspects that what's wrong in their wiring is simply being expressed as transsexulity and the trans part is just a symptom and not the actual condition.

Compassion is in order.

Termite said...

Could it be that trans-people are actually true bi-sexuals, confused by it, and think that somehow they "are in the wrong body"?

juvat said...

I'm all for compassion and help and treatment...until they walk into a school with a gun and start shooting.

Just sayin'

Anonymous said...

They all appear crazy.

Anonymous said...

I would say insane asylum is the answer.