Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Louisiana Covid Update

On this cool, cloudy Tuesday afternoon, the Louisiana Dept of Health is reporting 5237 active cases with 1355 hospitalized.  That is an increase in active cases of 1212 since yesterday.

I've been out in the shop loading wax bullets.  I got 600 rounds loaded and primed today, which eaves me 2900 to go before all the cartridge brass is loaded.

While I was loading, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh, and his continuing theme today is that this level of economic inactivity is simply not sustainable.  At some point in the very near future, we are going to have to get back to work.

I see that Sweden is going for herd immunity.  That is a bold decision by its leadership, and I"m sure that someone studying pubic heath will write a dissertation on this decision in years to come.


2 comments:

phred said...

I happen to be in touch with a fellow from Scotland right now. On March 15th he told me "the government are hoping 60% catch it so we can develop herd immunity."

Termite said...

Sweden is taking the contrarian approach:

https://unherd.com/2020/03/all-eyes-on-the-swedish-coronavirus-experiment/



And, according to the Jerusalem Post, Israeli researchers are making real progress on a COVD-19 vaccine.
Bibi has been told it is ready for testing in animals.

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-researchers-made-significant-progress-in-coronavirus-vaccine-623133