Wednesday, July 03, 2019

The Morning Paper

In a blow to Kentucky Bourbon, I see where a Jim Beam warehouse is on fire, with 40,000 barrels of whiskey at stake.
A Jim Beam warehouse filled with about 40,000 bourbon barrels in Kentucky remains on fire Wednesday, according to officials.
That's bad, that's very bad.

Closer to home,  the Sheriff's race is heating up.  With seven (7) announced candidates, the historical kick-off for the local campaigns is the 4th of July.  We've been campaigning since April, but the public is starting to pay attention, and my personal calendar is filling up with events that  will further the campaign.

What is not helpful is that a local corruption probe is starting to make news, resulting in arrests and firings at the Sheriff's office.  Our local media is covering it, and it's causing a lot of consternation.  I was interviewed b the local station, and when that follow-up story breaks, I'll link it here.

Additionally, in the past several days, an anonymous smear letter has been circulating around social media, and the recriminations are beginning to fly.  Yes,I've seen the letter, and no I won't comment on it, except to say that I deplore this type of political assassination.  Some folks thrive on it, but I think it is the wrong way to get the story out.

Later today, and tomorrow, I'll be campaigning at local events.  Were focused on retail politics, shaking hands and talking to voters.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: