Friday, January 26, 2018

Finally Friday

It's been a long week.  Nothing dramatic, just long.  Lots of hours.

Got a call yesterday from the guy who is going to insulate the new building.  We've been waiting for the weather to moderate, warm a bit so that the installation can proceed.   He called yesterday to let me know that he is planning to do my job "one day next week".  That's great.  Really good news.  That gives me the weekend to empty the building, which shouldn't be too onerous.  I've put the minimum in the building, waiting on his call.

Our club's monthly match is set for Saturday.  As soon as the smoke clears, I'll start tearing down, get everything out on Sunday and he'll have a pristine work area to insulate.  I'm stoked about that.  As soon as he's through, we can start making permanent improvements.

In other news:  Oh My: NYT Accuses Hillary Of Shielding Aide Accused Of Sexual Harassment
I'm having trouble seeing the big deal here.  She's been shielding her sexual predator husband for years.  By this time, shielding people form sexual harassment claims is probably a knee-jerk reaction.

I'm really enjoying watching the Democrats twist in the wind over Trumps immigration proposal.  He's willing to put the Dreamers on a glide-slope to citizenship, and they're acting like it's an outrage.  Turns out, their immigration stance is just politics.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

It's always politics... And more Dem voters... sigh