Sunday, February 05, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday

I understand that there will be a game on TV later, but I really don't care so much about this one.  I don't follow much football, and neither team this year sparks my interest.

However, I remember on Super Bowl in particular.  Super Bowl 2001.  I was single then, very single, and this gal and I had been chatting online.  She lived about 30 miles up the road, the next town over, and for the past couple of weeks, we had been emailing and chatting online.  On that particular Sunday, I was going to a Super Bowl party at a bar in a little town just north of my home, and I mentioned that to her  I told her that if she wanted to come to the Super Bowl party, I'd buy her a drink.  The bar was serving light snacks, and we could meet face-to-face.

She told me she'd try to make it, so I shut down the computer and headed toward the bar.  By the middle of the second quarter, I figured that she had come to her senses, but just before halftime, she walked through the door.  I bought her a drink, and we began talking, and toward the middle of the fouth quarter, she said that she had to go.  So, I walked her out to her car.

I asked her if she'd like to go dancing next weekend, and she said that she knew  good place close to her house.  So, we made a date.

Three years later, in July of 2004, she married me.  So, that's why I note Super Bowl Sunday.  It's the day I met the gal I call Milady, or Belle.  She's my sweetie and I'm glad that she came to that party.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yea for you and Belle! :-)