Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Voter Fraud

We're hearing a lot about voter fraud these days, mainly that it never happens.

But if it never happens, why is it so easy to get evidence that it's happening?



I've seen some strange things in small-town electoral politics, and I've seen local politicos brought down over vote-buying.  It happens.  Maybe not on a large enough scale to throw a national election, but certainly on a scale large enough to affect a Sheriff's race.  And yes, during the 1990s I was involved in a vote-buying investigation that got a local Sheriff convicted.  I'm not going to call his name, but I remember it.  (Hell, everybody in that area remembers it).

Vote fraud happens, trust me.  I've seen it.  Others uncover evidence of it fairly regularly.  Anyone who says it doesn't happen is either being obtuse, or disingenuous, or both.

Voter fraud is why voter ID laws are so important.  It doesn't stop it completely, but it certainly makes it harder to stuff a ballot box.

No comments: