Monday, October 31, 2016

The Panic

Gun shows and buying frenzies.  Tam talks about the lack of panic at a recent gun show.

We've seen panics over the past years.  We've been through them, we know how they work.  She notices that nobody is buying much.

It's been a great decade for gun manufacturers, but as Jeff Cooper so famously remarked; "I have mine."  And, maybe that's the key to the conundrum.  The gun industry has changed a bit over the past decade.  It used to be that we'd go to a gun show to see new things, and get a good deal.  Nowadays good deals are everywhere.

I still cruise pawn shops and second-hand shops looking for a good deal, but if it's something I want new in box, I'm just as apt to order it online.  It arrives in a week, I go by the FFL to do the paperwork, and everyone is happy.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, our 'buying' habits have changed... And I'm going more for ammo than anything else now.