Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sapling Maple Whiskey

My brother David is in town for the day, and he brought me two bottles of Vermont whiskey.  Maple whiskey.  Seriously.

The bottle on the left is labeled Vermont Maple Rye Whiskey.  The bottle on the right is labeled Maple Bourbon.  Like most of us on the intertubes I came home and Googled it.  Sapling whiskey is produced at  Saxtons River Distillery in Brattleboro, Vermont.  It is maple infused whiskey, and no, I haven't tasted it.  I told David that I'd wait until Autumn, and try it as I sit near a fire.  There is a review here.

Thanks, David.  I'll sample then when the weather cools.  Good to see you and the girls today, and y'all be careful on the drive home.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That should be an interesting taste! :-)

North Texan said...

I've had the crown royal maple and the Jim beam maple. Both are outstanding. Sweet. But outstanding.