Monday, August 17, 2015

Blue Bell

The little creamery from Brenham, TX has had their problems recently, with a listeria problem in one or more of their plants.

I love Blue Bell ice cream, and I hope that they get their problems solved.  There is hope, because I saw last week that Blue Bell is hipping out of their Alabama plant.   There is hope, and I hope we soon see Blue Bell back on the shelves.  Don't talk to me about Ben &Jerry's or Haagen Dazs.  If you want ice cream, it's Blue Bell.


C'mon, Blue Bell, get your act together.  We believe in you.  If it isn't Blue Bell, it isn't ice cream.

3 comments:

North Texan said...

Preach on. I enjoy ice cream. My wife CRAVES ice cream like I crave air. This has been a very hard summer for her.

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah! Come on Blue Bell! :-) Need it for the apple pie!!!

El Capitan said...

It's hard to explain the appeal of Blue Bell to "furriners". I've lived most of my 47 years within 50 miles of that little creamery in Brenham, and there's no other choice for ice cream. Like BBQ and high school football, it's a religion in these parts.

Can't count the number of summer nights with half a dozen kids in the bed of a pickup parked at the Quikee-Mart, everyone plowing through a pint and arguing gold rim vs. brown rim flavors...