Sunday, April 13, 2014

Falcon Nesting in Tree

Very few people have seen a falcon.  While eagles have made a comeback since the '60s and the alleged  DDT problems with raptor eggs (I said alleged, okay?), falcons are still relatively rare, where early in the 1960s they were very common.  So, when my mother sent me a picture of a falcon nesting in a tree, I was immediately interested and clicked the link.

Mom said "I’ve received many remarkable nature photographs over the years but this photo of a nesting Falcon is perhaps the most remarkable Nature shot that I’ve ever seen. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Nature is truly breath-taking!
I've sent this to most of my older friends. The younger ones probably have never seen a falcon and wouldn't recognize it.


Yeah, that's a Falcon in a tree.  I drove a car just like that (mine was red) during high school and the fist year of college.  Thanks, Mom.  Ya got me.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh... One 'wonders' why it's up there???

Goatwhiskers said...

Ya got me. I was reading this with great interest till I got to the picture. GW