Saturday, March 24, 2012

Football and Conspiracy

Disgraced New Orleans coach Sean Payton would do well to quit giving interviews and keep his mouth shut. No one may have talked to him about the possibility of criminal action, but I'm sure I'm not the only fellow who knows that conspiring to injure someone is a felony in the State of Louisiana.

Were I the District Attorney for Orleans Parish, I'd keep my own counsel until the NFL finished its investigation and handed down its penalties. Then I'd subpoena everyone involved, empanel a grand jury and determine if Conspiracy to commit Second Degree Battery changes wouldn't apply in this case.

I'm just saying. You have the right to remain silent.

2 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

But, apparently, not the ability.

Gerry N. said...

In this country everyone has the right to remain silent, apparently very few have the brains to do so.

Gerry N.