Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fake and Inaccurate

The Daily Caller is saying that ABC News doctored a tape showing Zimmerman being led into the police station. ABC News claims that the tape doesn't show any injury to Zimmerman, and the Daily Caller says that the tape has been doctored.
At the scene of the incident, according to a three-page preliminary police report, Zimmerman was given “first aid” by Sanford Fire Department paramedics. It is unclear what that treatment consisted of, and how much time elapsed between the paramedics’ intervention and Zimmerman’s arrival at the Sanford Police Department.

Martin’s family’s attorney, Benjamin Crump, appeared on television almost immediately after ABC News released the video, telling CNN’s Piers Morgan that the footage is a “smoking gun.” Crump added that it shows the Sanford Police Department’s version of events is a “fabrication” and that “it’s obvious to us that there was something that night they conspired to cover up.”

I'm sure that the Grand Jury that will convene on April 10th will hear evidence from the paramedics who treated Zimmerman, not depend on a low-resolution police tape that was taken later. ABC News is apparently trying to boost ratings, and if this is the tactic they're using, they're in the same boat that CBS was in when Dan Rather used Fake but Accurate documents to talk about George Bush.

This is the news media trying to drive the narrative and any thinking folks would discredit the information immediately. Of course, I haven't watch ABC news in a decade or longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said from the beginning that ABC,
and the other Lame networks, want riots and will not stop till they get them.

Gerry N. said...

I haven't watched teevee noos in fifteen years. Every damn thing they reported on, and which I knew anything at all about, they either got it flat out wrong or flat lied about it. When I called them on it I was told by whoever answered the phone, that it was only entertainment, after all, and I shouldn't get all het up over it. I now get my info from several news accumulators on the intarwebz and several blogs.

So when I see a reference to teevee noos, I just mutter to myself:" Self, they lied. Again. I know because their lips moved."