Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday afternoon

It's been a heck of a week. As the springtime rolls around, the baseball, softball, track, all sorts of school activities begin to roll around too. Whereas most people think of fall and High School Football, the average high school team only plays ten games, and half of those at home. Basketball is only 20 games, half of those at home. Baseball, softball, they play lots of games and that's where I've been the past several days and where I'll be for the next couple of weeks.

For example, yesterday I worked a tennis match, then went over to the baseball game, then went back to the school to work the annual theater production. I got home at about 10:00 p.m. Got up at 5:00 a.m. to do it all again. I'm home long enough to charge my batteries, drink some iced tea, then it's back to the school house for the second evening of theater.

The production this year is Hello, Dolly!

Along with the extra details, I am still doing the police-work side of the business. I've been working a theft ring for some time, and I think that the investigation is about to come to fruition. I won't be able to talk about it, but it's great fun rousting thieves.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Just remember to stay hydrated! Long hours run ya ragged (or they do me)...