Friday, March 25, 2011

Earth Hour?

I was reading SondraK's blog and saw a posting about Earth Hour. Whatthehell is that? So, I started clicking around and found this:
At 8:30 PM on Saturday 26th March 2011, lights will switch off around the globe for Earth Hour and people will commit to actions that go beyond the hour.
It's a lefty, green, save the Earth site that wants everyone to turn the lights off tomorrow night so that we can save Gaia.

Bwahahahaha. Yeah, that's likely. These fools are going to turn the lights off for an hour and save the Earth. In my case, tomorrow night at 8:30 I'm taking my lady out for a night on the town. We'll be at a concert burning electricity like crazy.

Let me tell you something, Sparky! This old Earth is going to continue spinning around long after Homo Sapiens is but a footnote in the geologic record. Some other species will find our bones and marvel at how advanced our civilization was for such a biological oddity.

Turning your lights off for an hour ain't gonna affect the Earth one way or the other. Nature truly doesn't care whether we're here or not. The Earth is indifferent to us, just like she was indifferent to the dinosaurs.

1 comment:

Rich Jordan said...

If I remember I'm going to turn all the lights on. If someone was asking to go dark to help people view a rare astronomical event, that would be worthy. This silly fluff...

Probably won't remember though. Something more interesting will probably be on cable.