Sunday, December 12, 2010

Swapping a Handi

My son asked if I'd loan him a rifle for a few months, and of course, I'm happy to do so. He's back in Louisiana now and doesn't want to lug his Model 10 FLP through the woods. It happens that I've got a Handi-Rifle in .308 Winchester, his favorite caliber. He's left-handed, so with the Handi Rifle he won't have to worry about being on the wrong side of the rifle.

After church, I took out the Handi and changed the hammer spur from the right side to the left, then swapped over the Allen ammo holder to the left side of the stock. Total time to convert a Handi-Rifle from right hand to left, about 10 minutes.

I'll also include a box of ammo for the rifle, consisting of Reloder 15 powder and the 150 grain Nosler Ballistic-Tip bullet. That little rifle launches that load at about 2725 fps and should be good for anything the finds in the Central Louisiana woods.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Nicely done :-)