Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not a clue

I was driving home this afternoon and saw four (4) patrol vehicles from my agency outside a house close to the main highway. And a fire truck, along with an ambulance. I switched my police radio over to scan all available frequencies and heard nothing of interest as I continued on my merry journey home.

I'll be asked tomorrow what was happening, just a mile from my house and I will honestly say that I don't know. Not a clue. They didn't call me, I didn't get in the way. If someone had come up on frequency asking for any available unit, I would have pulled right up on to the front porch. They didn't so I went on home.

With almost 600 sworn officers in this department, it's impossible to know everything that is going on at any given time. Yet, folks will ask me, and I'll tell them, Not A Clue. You're going to have to read the newspaper.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

And sometimes NOT knowing is better all the way around... Just sayin...

Anonymous said...

PawPaw you know you will be damn luck if its reported in our local butt wiper or t.v. station...

J said...

Today's *TT* didn't mention it at all that I could find.