Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rain, blessed rain.

I awoke to a gentle rain on my acre this morning. At 7:00 the cloud cover was so complete that daylight was just a concept. I hope it falls all day.

After the family left last night, Milady and I put the food away, she found fridge containers while I washed dishes. Then we collapsed into bed. Awoke this morning to a joyfully wrecked house, but we'll put that in order as the day goes along.

Under the tree, I found two items of particular interest. A loadbook for the .45-70 cartridge that should supply much informative reading. And a Kuhnhausen manual on the Ruger Single Action Revolver. I'm told that a Kuhnhausen on the SW revolver is forthcoming, simply on backorder.

So, on this grey Christmas morning, I'm sitting in blue jeans and slippers, sipping coffee and watching it rain. Milady has put some Christmas carols on the CD player and I'm a very lucky man.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad you had a good one Paw! I just got back from dinner with the daughters... :-)

Rich Jordan said...

And a Merry Christmas to you as well.

J said...

Dang, Pawpaw, if your lady bought you those two books you better keep her! The Kuhnhausen manual on Mausers is a dandy, and I bet the one on Rugers is too. Only problem is, Rugers seldom break. If mine did, I'd send it back to Ruger, and I'd bet they fix it for free. But with Mausers, at least the old and rangy kind I like, the problem is they come broke.