Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday afternoon speed typing.

I've been busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest, and it doesn't show any signs of slacking up.

I'm scheduled to work some extra duty in about an hour, and working all weekend, so blogging will be light until Sunday after church. Unless I decide to go to the deer woods, or the range, which is sounding like a wonderful idea.

This afternoon's event is unscheduled, which means someone screwed up and didn't tell administration or the deputy that an event was scheduled. I've double-checked and it is not on the schedule I was given a month ago. I had originally scheduled LIFE for this afternoon, that little activity I so enjoy when I'm not working. However, I now have to put LIFE on hold while I do my duty.

I will do my duty.

The question that organizers of events have to consider is just exactly what type of deputy they want working an event. Do they want a deputy who is happy, contented, working a schedule, or do they want a deputy who is just about three-quarters pissed off because the coach can't get his head out of his butt and make a schedule he is willing to live with? That is a very important question, especially when I have vast assets at my control that can be brought to bear, and a virtually unused ticket book.

No comments: