Sunday, December 03, 2006

Islamic surrealism

As I drink my Sunday coffee and prepare to attend Church, I am struck by this posting from Little Green Footballs.
A hitherto unknown group calling itself the Just Swords of Islam issued a warning to Palestinian women in the Gaza Strip over the weekend that they must wear the hijab or face being targeted by the group's members. Addressing female students, the group said: "We will have no mercy on any woman who violates the traditions of Islam and who also hang out in Internet cafes."

According to the group, its members used rocket-propelled grenades to attack 12 Internet cafes and a number of music shops in different parts of the Gaza Strip.

It said the places were targeted because they were "distracting an entire generation of Palestinians from their duty to worship [Allah] and jihad so that they could serve their Zionist masters and the Crusaders."
I don't even know where to start on this one.

Whoever these Just Swords are, they sure know how to treat women, don't they? This is the face of Islam. It's not a religion that any thinking person would want to associate with. Islam treats women as chattel and requires men to impose their will upon the females in the household. How can a man love a woman yet treat her as property? How can a family exist where half of the union is seen as a lesser entity? How can any thinking person support such a religion?

I am reminded of the words of Alan Jackson.
I know Jesus and I've talked to God and I remember this from when I was young. Faith, hope and love are the good things he gave us. And the greatest is love.


Islam surely isn't a religion of tolerance, kindness or understanding. It's a religion of submission.

I, for one, will not submit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I cannot fathom men who are so scared of women that they would throw acid in a woman's face because she would not wear a veil. And let's be honest, they are AFRAID of women. They fear the power of a woman's sexual attraction.

The Termite