Friday, November 04, 2005

Computational devices

The home computer died tonite. We'll look for another one tomorrow.

It was a 3-year-old emachine. In rapid order (6 hours), the on-off switch broke. I cobbled that back together then the keyboard wouldn't respond, so I ran to Wally-World and got a keyboard, then the system wouldn't recognize the monitor. The same monitor that has been on it for three years. I hooked up another monitor, that didn't work either.

Milady then tired of me cussing and advised me that we would shop for one tomorrow. When she finds one she likes we'll bring it home. Then I get to configure it and turn her loose on it.

Fine.

1 comment:

Pawpaw said...

Nobody in town sells Macs, Simon. We live in a tiny town in central Louisiana and do our shopping in Alexandria. Milday wants to see what she is buying. While I don't mind buying things online, she wants to look and compare.

We wound up buying an HP from Sam's Club.