Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The Wal Mrt Brouhaha

Like many of you, I've followed the brouhaha over Wal Mart deciding not to sell certain guns and ammunition.  I think that it is silly and short-sighted, and don't believe that it will help business, quite the contrary.  However, that's their business and I have nothing to do with that.  I shop at Wal Mart infrequently, simply because it is inconvenient to shop there.

There are several large chains where I shop regularly that doesn't sell guns or ammo.  I spend a lot more money at the Dollar General down the road.  They don't sell guns or ammo.  My local auto pars house doesn't either.  For that matter, I don't recall seeing ammo on the shelves at my favorite grocers.

None of my readers doubt that I am a fervent 2nd Amendment supporter.  I believe in the whole Bill of Rights.  I believe that I have certain rights, regardless of where I live, whether in rural Louisiana, a suburb of a large city, or (God forbid) in downtown Manhattan.  But, I also believe that any business has the right to do business the way they see fit.  There are still stores in town that sell ammo, and I know where they are.  There are also online stores that sell ammo, and they are only a click away.

let Wal Mart do what Wal Mart will do.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, that petard is their own...

Knitebane said...

While I'd like to live in a world where a business gets to make decisions and it's not our business, that world is not this one.

Wal-Mart has succumbed to the leftist admonition that certain guns are evil.

They must pay for that mistake. And we must make them pay, not because that's the way it ought to be, but because that's the way it is.

The forces that push for disarmament do *NOT* believe that Wal-Mart has a right to decide for themselves what products they can sell, and they will not stop until all things they think we shouldn't have are no longer available.

Not being able to push their gun ban agenda in the light of day, the gun grabbers have switched tactics to pressuring businesses to ban guns via the back door. And they have succeeded with Wal-Mart.

We can't cede that ground. Wal-Mart (like Smith & Wesson after the Clinton Agreement) must pay for their poor judgement. Other companies must be sent the message: Get Woke, Go Broke.


Or we lose, one little bit of LOLbertarianism at a time.

DaveS said...

While I'm inclined to agree with your laissez-faire approach, we're in the midst of a street fight. And at that point, no quarter asked and none given.

The guys that don't recognize that they've walked into a fight are the ones that eventually pick themselves up off the ground, if they're lucky, and wonder, "what the heck happened?". Don't want to be in that group.

Termite said...

It's a golden opportunity for Academy to increase sales.