Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Prepping

Putting politics aside, I've begun prepping for tomorrow.  Thanksgiving id s uniquely American holiday, and we make the most of it.  Turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, yams, green bean casserole and that's just the main course.  At 0800 local, I cranked up the smoker for the turkey.


It will sit in the smoker all day long,   About happy hour, I'll take it off  and refrigerate it, then it will go back into the smoker tomorrow morning to warm, along with the ham which will need to warm prior to the noon meal.

The concrete guys will be here in a few minutes, to complete the form, lay the steel, and prep for pouring the slab on Monday  morning.  I have a laundry list of things to do today, so I'd best start checking them off.

3 comments:

JayNola said...

I'm smoking turkey too, but I use the spatchcock method now. Cuts the smoking time down immensely.

Retired Spook said...

I put my 16 lbs. turkey in the smoker for 8 hours, took it out after 6 hours and it fell apart. Tender, juicy, and delicious, but you could shake it hard and de-bone the whole thing! I love my smoker!

Old NFO said...

Sigh, I get to get up early and start mine tomorrow morning...