Monday, December 02, 2013

Speed, huh?

Drudge is all over some guy named Paul Walker who was killed in an auto crash yesterday. I've never heard of the guy, but evidently he was a pop culture guy in a movie called "Fast and Furious".
Investigators have been unable to find evidence of a second car in the accident that killed popular "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker on Saturday, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman said Monday.
I'm not a traffic accident investigator, and I certainly haven't been on the scene, but I can pretty much tell you what caused this crash.
 Speed was a factor in the crash, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said. A 45 mph speed limit sign was attached to the light pole knocked down by the Porsche.
Really?  Speed was a factor?  I bet if the car had been standing still, it wouldn't have been involved in the accident.

Again, I'm not a TAI, but I bet that there are very few calls involving parked cars and light poles.  Of course speed was a factor in the accident.  Speed was a factor to the point where the car was in flames when the cops got there.

Speed was a factor?  Really?  Imagine that.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh... Yep, playing race car driver on the street 'usually' does not end well.