Monday, December 23, 2013

Cheer!

It's shaping up to be a busy Christmas, quite the celebration, and I'm looking forward to it.  Several years ago, Milady and I chose Christmas Eve as our portion of the celebration.  We've assembled family and friends at our house on the 24th.  After dinner, we'll let the grandkids open their presents and we'll share our gifts, along with our table for the opening of the celebration.  Which reminds me, I need to take the hams out of the freezer.  (Okay, that's done, where were we).  Oh, yeah, Celebration.

We picked Christmas Eve several years ago, simply because it gave us a chance to have the grandkids over. After they leave our house, they return home so they can awake on Christmas morning to their own tree and their own presents, and later that day they can participate in their assorted in-laws celebrations.  As most of them live within an hour or so, this is very convenient.

Which left Milady and I with a quiet Christmas day.  Some Christmas days, I'd never even get out of  my slippers, sip on egg nog and nibble on leftovers.  This year, though, we've been invited on Christmas day to Milady's brother's home across town.  He's cooking a Turduckhen, which is a turkey stuffed with a chicken, stuffed with a duck.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful entree, and I'm looking forward to sharing the day with my wife's family, who I consider my own.

But, the big event hereabouts is tomorrow, and PawPaw has a list of things he must accomplish.  I'll get busy with that, and take this moment to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Paw!

MSgt B said...

Merry Christmas Paw Paw.

Rivrdog said...

Yeah, we do Christmas Eve also. This year at Oldest Daughter's place across the Columbia. She's doing a roast goose. Haven't had one of those in years, but it used to be traditional in my family, 60 years ago.

My son was directed to bring PJs for the kids, and they will get to sleep part of their Eve away. I'll probably just worry about the ice fog all night. The damn Bridge can get real bad in an ice fog.