Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pull!

From South Carolina, we have this perfect little vignette about an animal hugging group trying to disrupt a live pigeon shoot by using a camera drone to record the festivities. It didn't work out for them quite like they planned. Guys who shoot live pigeons are excellent shotgunners.
"Seconds after it hit the air, numerous shots rang out," Hindi said in the release. "As an act of revenge for us shutting down the pigeon slaughter, they had shot down our copter."
Bwahahaha. Just exactly what did they think would happen when they flew a camera drone over a shotgun range? I'm no aviator, but I've been told that the FAA prescribes a minimum safe altitude over firing ranges. I'm betting these bozos were well below that altitude.

I'll be chuckling about this all day.

1 comment:

Bob@thenest said...

When I read the article the first thing that came to mind was that at least some of those shotguns had slugs and not shot.

Oooooh, I do hope so. :-)