Friday, November 24, 2006

Electrical - Done

Today I got the electrical system operating in the pool house. Lights that turn on and off, receptacles that work, outdoor motion sensor light is operating. Everything tests out good.

This project isn't nearly the size that Mostly Cajun works on, but for me, a peckerwood carpenter and electrician, doing a new electrical installation was fraught with apprehension. I studied amperages and loads and put in capacity for expansion. Then, I went carefully with installation, checking and double-checking my work. You can do a lot of things with electricity, but one thing you can't do is run from it.

My greatest fear was that when I threw the switch, I'd watch a summer's work burn to the ground. That fear, thankfully, was groundless. Everything else out there is grounded to an absolute certainty.

Tomorrow, I'm going deer hunting. I'm not going to get up early enough to be out there at the butt-crack of dawn, but I'll get there. I plan to be in my stand when other hunters are moving around. They'll push the deer and I'll be in place. I may even take my brother-in-law to lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pawpaw, take that lunch with you to your deer stand. My first deer of this season was killed at 11:30.