Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pool House Project - Siding

Milady and I wanted siding on the pool house that I've been working on, and winter is coming on, and I didn't feel like messing with it, so I called around and found a young siding installer who was hungry,understands cash, and wanted to take a side job.

Today under leaden skies, he got'r done. I think it looks great.


He said he really enjoyed the job and had a lot of fun with it. He's been telling everyone that he is siding an outhouse, and I guess that is what the project it. An outdoor bathroom in a separate building.

I told Milady that she has the best looking outhouse on the block, and she had to agree to the truth of that statement.

That worked so well that as soon as I get the plumbing and electrical roughed in, I just might hire someone to do the drywall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good.

Man, I hate drywall, spackeling, and painting most of all.

Anonymous said...

Why not go with plywood paneling? It's much easier to install than drywall. Stronger, too.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of outhouses, but never one with so many windows!

(Even saw one with a screen door.)

Anonymous said...

I am neither a former tank commander nor an electrician. I am a mother. But I mean hello... why not slip the connector to the pointed end and let it slide up the rod and you hammer it in, good and hard and fast. That's the answer.