Thursday, March 30, 2006

Redress of Grievance

I got a flyer from my Congress critter the other day. Congressman Rodney Alexander represents me and the other souls of the Louisiana 5th District. He is on the House Appropriations committee and the inside of his flyer lists the earmarks and pork he has secured for the district.

I gave him hell about it, without insulting him. My letter to him is posted here.

We should all write to our congress critters from time to time. Let them know what you think. Whether you agree, or disagree, or just feel like giving someone a hard time, write your congressman. It is good for you. It is good for him. It is good for the Republic. If you don't know who represents you, shame on you. A link to find your representative is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your letter is wonderful. Copies should be distributed to elected officials in the federal government from every state. Thanks for sharing.