It appears in this last week of September, that the weather is about to moderate from our usual heat and humidity. We are expecting a cooler front on Wednesday/Thursday that will bring a bit of rain and cooler temps, with highs in the 80s, Squirrel season opens this weekend in our area, and the rain should help with the hunting. The woods are dry right now and the leaves underfoot are like walking through corn flakes.
As I type this, I have two A/C units running. They are currently both cycled off. That is good news for my power bill. Belle made a runup to the Dollar Store and came back with a sack of potatoes. She's hungry for Potato Stuff.
It's a recipe that I found on Bruce Mitchell's site. Bruce and I cook similarly, with more emphasis on flavor and using what is at hand rather than strict adherence to a recipe. This reminds me of an old recipe that a college girlfriend cooked occasionally. The recipe didn't have a name, so we started calling it Brenda potatoes. Basically, potatoes and onions with a little bacon for flavor. She layered hers in a heavily buttered Dutch oven and ran it in the oven for an hour or so, until the potatoes were fork tender.
I don't mind posting recipes, but it is so much easier to put up a link, so here is the link to Potato Stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment