Tuesday, November 29, 2022

That's Brazen

 First, they steal a car, then use it to crash into a gun shop to steal guns.  That is fairly brazen.  From the local TV station.

ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - Alexandria Police detectives are investigating the burglary of a gun shop on Jackson Street that happened early Tuesday morning after a vehicle crashed into the building.

Around 6:50 a.m., APD arrived at The Gun Shop on Jackson Street in reference to a vehicle crashing into the building. The vehicle was identified as a 2017 Infinity Q80 SUV, previously reported as stolen. The suspect drove the vehicle into the business and went inside, stealing several firearms from The Gun Shop.

The woman who owns that shop is an acquaintance, and I bet she is livid.  I know that she had crash posts in front of her shop, and I'm trying to figure out where they crashed the building.  I'll bet that she is about to spend more money on crash barriers.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

This will be interesting to follow. And my question is what was and wasn't in the safe???

Bob said...

Seem to be a common MO. I heard of the same thing happening twice here (Baton Rouge). One involved someone I know, foolishly his new Diesel truck running at fuel pump and went to pay, it was stolen and later found in a gun store.

Jonathan H said...

It's becoming VERY common, often an operation run by gangs.

Jonathan H said...

I wonder what type of crash posts? I'm seeing lots of places taking the shortcut of posts that bolt to concrete instead of taking the time to make a hole and bury the posts.
Bolts will snap MUCH easier, especially cheap ones. Not a solution I'd really on...

Dave said...

From the shots in the TV bit, it looks like they actually went into the business next door with the vehicle, and maybe through the wall between the stores.