Monday, July 11, 2022

Transitions

 When Belle and I built the shop, we had three purposes in mind.  First, an area to shoot Cowboy Fast Draw.  Second, a big area with a kitchen to host gatherings.  Third, an area for projects.

This morning I started breaking the shop out of range mode, and began the transition to family gathering mode.  I'm not nearly through yet, but the place opened up nicely.  Tomorrow we are hosting some of my family who is in town for a few days.  This weekend, we're hosting Belle's family for a mini family reunion.

That flag hanging from the rafters has an interesting story. It once draped a veteran's coffin, and I acquired it at an auction.  The family didn't want it any more. I brought it home and put it in the shop, where it serves an honored role.  I don't know who the veteran was, but that flag hangs over the range and we say the Pledge of Allegiance to it at the beginning of every club meeting.

I gotta run to the Dollar Store.  I need some cleaning supplies and some of those cheap table cloths they sell.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like it's working out as planned! Enjoy the family!!!

juvat said...

Looks Great! Have fun!