Monday, May 16, 2022

New Computer - Blog Note

 I bought a new computer today, after the keyboard went tits-up on the old one.  I keep a record of these things in the blog, and if you look around, in some posts I have parts numbers and plumbing fixtures, all sorts of stuff that I night want to remember.

This new machine is an HP, don't ask me the model, I don't care.  Office Depot had it on sale, and it seems likely to take care of the easy computing I need it to do.  It isn't a Chromebook, it's an actual laptop, and that is what I wanted.  And, the price was very right.

I have spent most of the morning setting this thing up, and taking stuff off the old computer that I want on this one.  It's running Windows 11, which might take some getting used to, but it is really nice to type on a keyboard that works.

The old one lasted 12 years.  We'll see how long this one lasts.

No comments: