Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Projects

 My buddy Quincy is down-sizing.  Getting rid of stuff he doesn't use or need, and he brought me a gift last week.  His late wife had bought a table for some un-named hobby ten years ago.  For one reason or another, it was never assembled,  and wound up in his storage shed still in the box.  He brought it it me, thinking I might use it.  He was right.

It's a wooden table, suitable for a number of tasks, but I think it was designed as a wood-working table.  Grandson Quinton put it together today after our Sunday lunch.  Gumbo, of course.


That's the gumbo, before the assembled crew went through it.  I fed seven people today for lunch, a fairly light crowd for this place, but no one seemed to complain.

Then, Quinton and I got busy with the table.


The top is 60X20, and is just right for sitting on a small stool.  I believe it is going to become a gunsmithing table.  I believe I'll mount a small vise and a light, and maybe a magnifier on it.  For the next couple of weeks, it will be a work-in-progress.  But, I think it will be a useful addition to the club house.

2 comments:

Termite said...

That has "reloading & gunsmithing table" wrote all over it...

Mike said...

I would suggest adding a set of retractable workbench casters so it will be easier to move after you set it up with everything you need to make it a gunsmithing table.