Monday, February 22, 2021

Schumer Spews Stupididty

 It appears that Chuck Schumer doesn't have enough to keep him busy, so he spent some time this weekend talking smack about Texas.

“The bottom line is, Texas thought it could go it alone and built a system that ignored climate change,” Schumer said during a Lower East Side press conference, referring to the state’s decision to stay off the country’s national power grid.

“It was not what’s called resilient, and now Texas is paying the price,” Schumer said.

“I hope they learned a lesson,” he added.

I wouldn't bet against Texas, Chuckie.   If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Texas learns whatever lessons that come from this storm, and they won't be caught flat-footed again. I'd bet that Governor Abbot and the state legislature give this event plenty of attention and make plans to make usre it doesn't ahppen again.

Don't Mess With Texas.

5 comments:

Termite said...

Texas's electrical grid problem had very little to do with climate change, and a whole lot of not properly maintaining/investing in their independent power grid infrastructure.

I suspect that Texas will rectify the situation.

robert said...

The libs have been moving to Texas for years and the "greening" of the grid is the result . Something tells me that will be changing soon . The company I retired from was based in Texas and I got to know many wonderful folks White,Black,and Hispanic from my travels around the state and one thing impressed me about them all . They loved Texas and were proud to be Texans . I was offered a chance to move down there in 2012 when we shut down the northern operations and turned it down . Been sorry ever since . An amusing sidenote since my Irish heritage formed quite an abundant mass of rectal flesh they all called me coon a$$ Bob when I worked in the shop with the boys . Made me smile alot !

GJoe said...

Texas' problem wasn't the grid it was DC and the EPA who wouldn't let them operate at full capacity. Biden only approved for disaster relief the counties that voted for him in 2019. Nothing like POLITICS.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, 77 out of 254 'allowed' to have full federal aid... That's not going down well either... And the greenies are running for cover down here right now.

Stuart said...

I can assure you that not a single individual in Texas gives a Tinker's Damn what that clown Shumer thinks.