Monday, November 25, 2019

Roswell and Los Alamos

Belle and I are touring this week with a couple of grandsons.  One of our sons lives in Roswell, NM, working for a huge manufacturer of cheese.  Another son lives in Los Alamos, NM, where his wife works as a veterinarian and he works for the park service.  So, we're touring around, visiting kids.

We drove across Texas in one day, Saturday.  That in itself is no small feat and when we rolled into Roswell on Saturday evening, we were whacked, and fell into bed.  We got up yesterday morning, ate lunch with elder son, and drive north to Los Alamos, got here last night just after dark.

The kids are at work, so we're going to tour about here today.  I want to see the Manhattan Project museum and the Bradbury Museum, then we'll meet back at the house for the evening.

We;ll leave here Wednesday morning, and return to Roswell, where we'll spend Thanksgiving.

We will load the van on Friday morning and head east, planning to make Texas again in one jump.  With luck, I"ll sleep in my own bed on Friday night.  If, not, on Saturday.  One thing I've learned so far on this trip is that altitude is a thing.  At 7300 ft elevation, I can't climb stairs like I can at 87 feet where I normally live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"One thing I've learned so far on this trip is that altitude is a thing. At 7300 ft elevation, I can't climb stairs like I can at 87 feet where I normally live."

Take it easy there youngster, no taking two stairs at a time either. :^)
fun with the family visit.

Texas is a BIIIIGGGG state. Driving from El Paso to San Antonio (I.10) was a far piece with two young children in the back. I can still remember "Are We There Yet ?" in my sleep ...

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the trip, and there is an interesting museum in Albuquerque too... https://www.nuclearmuseum.org/