Friday, February 23, 2018

Four States Form Coalition to Track Guns

Four states, citing the inability of the Federal Government to track guns, are forming a coalition to do just that.
Four governors announced a coalition this week to attempt to stop out-of-state guns from coming into their localities with an information-sharing database to trace and intercept firearms.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo call their coalition "States for Gun Safety," and said their quad-state database will supplement the federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System and launch the nation's first Regional Gun Violence Research Consortium.
Well, I guess I won't be going to any competitions inn New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. - Oh, wait.... I'll never go to those states anyway.

2 comments:

Peripatetic Engineer said...

He's a little vague on how they plan to do it. What is to stop me from going to NH, buying a gun, and driving back down 95 through each one of those states? Oh, wait, I did just that very thing when I brought my dad's guns home after he passed away.

Old NFO said...

Me neither. Sigh...