Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Paris Attack Survivor: Everyone Should Have a Gun

A musician for the band Eagles of Death Metal, the band who was playing at the Bataclan during the Paris terror attacks told an audience that their tough gun control did nothing but leave people unarmed and vulnerable to attack:
“Did your French gun control stop a single [expletive] person from dying at the Bataclan?” Hughes said. “And if anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it, because I don’t think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I’ve ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms.”
“I know people will disagree with me, but it just seems like God made men and women, and that night guns made them equal,” he said. “I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe that until nobody has guns everybody has to have them.” 
Wisdom there.  Eighty-nine people died at the Bataclan theater, with another 368 injured.  In a gun-free zone. In a place where there was not supposed to be violence.  Where people came to listen to a concert.

Which is why I tend to avoid gun-free zones.  That's where the victims are.

3 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I do my best to stay out of gun free zones. Luckily, here in Iowa, those stupid no guns allowed signs do not carry the weight of law. If found out, all they can do is ask you to leave. Over 40 years ago, I was a victim. Like the Israelis, never again.

Old NFO said...

Same here. Especially venues like theaters and concerts.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. People who are really concerned about their safety may take help from the firearms training centers to get the license to carry the guns. This will help you in maintaining a feel of self confidence and can make others feel more safer.
Regards:
MA Gun License