Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's depressing.

It's depressing, reading the left side of the house.

I've spent the last hour surfing through the Democratic side of the blogs, or at least the one's I read occasionally. Those guys are really depressed.

Especially the guys in New Orleans. It's like they think that George Bush had an evil plan to destroy their city. And that it succeeded, but not entirely, so GWB lays awake nights dreaming up ways to make them miserable.

They're depressed about the Surge in Iraq, yet their Congress approved the man who is going to make it happen. There is some serious cognitive dissonance going on there.

They're angry about the war, they're angry about the recovery from Katrina, and they're absolutely frothing that GWB didn't mention their problems during the SOTU address. Somehow, it's all Bush's fault, yet he's supposed to be dumb as a sack full of hammers.

It's going to be grand to see the Presidency in peaceful transition come 2009 so that they'll let up on ole W. Then I'm sure we'll have a government who will end global warming, bring the troops home from Iraq, educate all the children (even those who don't want an education), end crime as we know it, make us totally energy independent, sow daisies, lift New Orleans out of a floodplain, and bring back the unicorns. It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

We live in interesting times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

PawPaw,
Plese explain to me why I should not be angry at my government for the incompetent handling of the Gulf Coast recovery? I am, in fact, paying for their services. I think it is bad citizenship not to be working to kick their sorry butts out of office. And I voted for the twirp-TWICE!http://www.gulfcoastnews.com/GCNspecialReportWhere'stheMoney.htm