Friday, October 02, 2026

Silly Memes

 So I was watching this meme, asking how "country" this respondent might be.

Have you ever fired a shotgun?

Have you ever waded barefoot in a creek?

Have you ever used a slingshot?

Have you ever started a vehicle with a manual choke?

Have you ever taken ashes out of a wood stove?

Have you ever carved you initials in a tree?

Have you ever siphoned gas with a hose?

Have you ever split wood with an ax?

Have you ever eaten fried bologna?

Have you ever hanged laundry on a clothesline?

Nonsense.  Those questions don't determine "country".  I did all of that before I was age 12.  I wasn't reared in the country; I was reared in a subdivision. on the edge of town.  I raised my kids in the country, deep in the woods, and they also did all that before they were 12.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I scored a 100% on that one! What's my prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing 'country' about the way I was raised either, and yes, I did all of those before 12, also. My kids were raised the same way I was. It's not blowing a hoolie out there, so get outside and find something to do, that doesn't involve the 'law' or the neighbors calling me about your behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I think we 'all' did all of those... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine of ten because carving takes effort and Gaia or something.
    Woodstove in the workshop but I'd rather have a small nuclear reactor.
    I use the clothesline because it's cheaper than natural gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 63 and scored 11/12 in the last year. Didn't carve my initials but it gives me something to strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Termite8:01 AM

    "Have you ever hanged laundry on a clothesline?".

    There's 3 weeks during the early spring in Cenla when it is not a good idea to use a clothesline. Unless you want your clothes covered in pine pollen.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Don't freak out.