Monday, September 21, 2026

Diesel Strike?

 Over Sunday lunch, I heard a rumor that truck drivers and others are planning a diesel strike  for October 1st.  What??  That don't make sense.

Yeah, I know.  Fuel prices are high. But the idea that truckers are going to turn off the engine to protest high prices sounds a bit odd.  Doing a little Google-fu tells me that the idea seems to have gotten the best legs on the Book of Face. That particular social media page has a world-wide reputation for accurate information (/sarc).  So there you have that.

More pressing concerns is what's for lunch?  I have a good tomato, a loaf of fresh bread and a pound of bacon.  I believe it's time for a good ol' bacon and 'mater sammich..  I'm going to preheat the oven and slide that bacon in there for 30 minutes or so.

2 comments:

  1. Diesel Driver #1: The rising cost of fuel is reducing my profit.
    DD#2: I know! If we stop driving, our fuel costs go to zero!
    DD#1: True, but our income also goes to zero and we still have bills.
    DD#2: Yeah, but that'll show 'em!

    TV Newscaster: Rolling blackouts continue across the nation as electricity is diverted to support an unexpected surge in electric semi tractors. Fleets of idled refrigerated trailers are being converted into insulated housing as Autumn arrives and demand for cold food plummets since households cannot power their refrigerators. Film at eleve,,,hey, what happened to the lights?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Don't freak out.