I lost my wedding band last week. I've been losing weight and noticed that the band was getting a bit loose, but didn't think much about it. Until it was gone. Doing yard work, I noticed that I was not wearing a wedding band. Well, hell.
It was a plain gold band, 10-carat, size 9. I think, when I got married, I paid about $50 for it.
This morning, I went to my jeweler and ordered a new wedding band. Yellow cold, 10-carat. The guy didn't blush went he told me the price, but he did apologize. $500. Yeah, really. I'll pick it up on Tuesday. The gold spot price today s $4284.25.
I'm one of those guys who feels naked without a wedding band.
Totally sucks to lose it. I also feel naked without it.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good man but Yikes! The price of replacemnt is awful! My husband lost his 6 weeks after we married in July 1969 in a wash rack in Richmond, VA when we were showing cows. 57 years ago, he still wears the replacement!
ReplyDeleteI am in a metal detectors club & have found many rings & stuff & I never charged $500 , look for a local club.
ReplyDeleteI lost my ring due to an auto accident. It was mangled beyond repair after the E-Room cut it off of my swelling finger.
ReplyDeleteI opted for a $20, sterling silver band. Girls don't hit on guys who look poor and are proud of being married. Silver is first-class vamp repellent.
As a side note, the same ring now costs $50.
Me too! Wally world has mens 10c gold bands in the $200 range. Not sure why yours would be that much, unless it's way larger & more fancy than mine. My wife told me after the fact that she got mine at Wally's for $60 (2005)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Birdchaser above. Get a metal detector. You got $500 sitting in your yard somewhere. That said. I did the same thing. I think I've lost every gold band I've owned.
ReplyDelete