Friday, August 21, 2026

Oath of Office

During this election cycle we have become aware of candidates who purport to be Democratic Socialists.

Go to their website, or even listen to them and they will tell you what they want.  Abolish the Senate, change the President into a Prime Minister,  expand or abolish the Supreme Court.  That is Article I, II, and III.

Yet, they are seeking election to the US House, which requires an Oath of Office.

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”
A Democratic Socialist cannot take that oath without a purpose of evasion. They cannot bear true faith and allegiance.

I'm just saying.

3 comments:

  1. All good points, and evidence to increase the possibility for impeachment?
    juvat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drew4588:12 AM

      The oath should come with the same pledge that the signers of the Declaration used :”our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

      Break your pledge and be blacklisted, stripped of all assets, then executed.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Traitors get the rope!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Don't freak out.