Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Black Friday Sales

Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and traditionally one of the biggest shopping days of the business year, set another record this year.  The most NICS checks ever recorded for a single day.  According to PJ Media:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has released Black Friday statistics on firearms purchases and, ladies and gentlemen, we have a record.  There were more background checks on Black Friday 2015 than any other day on record.  "The National Instant Criminal Background Check System processed 185,345 requests on Nov. 27, one of the largest retail sales days in the country."
That's a lot of background checks.  Americans love their guns, and when the political winds blow sour, we buy guns.  The political winds have been sour lately, for most of the past seven years.  Barack Obama in particular and the national Democratic Party in general has done their best to demonize us.  Even Hillary says that Republicans (and I suspect that she includes conservatives and libertarians in that category) are her biggest enemy.

I know that, personally, I have bought several guns in the past seven years.  Even now, I have one on layaway.  Contrary to what our President thinks of me, I am neither bitter nor a clinger.  I take great comfort in my collection, and I have given several of them away to less fortunate members.

I would note, for the general education of the Democratic hierarchy, that every one of those 185,345 NIICS checks represents one or more guns that was legally bought in general commerce from a lawfully regulated dealer.  Perfectly legal, perfectly accountable, and perfectly honorable.

Let Freedom Ring

No comments: