Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Golfers Frisked

It seems that a bunch of golfers were frisked when Obama showed up at a club to play a round of golf.
Regulars at the Vineyard Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard were gobsmacked when President Obama unexpectedly strolled onto a nearby green and they were immediately frisked. “There was no warning he was coming,” sniffed a guest.
If the President showed up at my club and the members were frisked, I'd be pissed, but I don't know all the niceties of presidential visits.  So, I waited for Instapundit to weigh in.  We realize, of course, that Insty is a professor of law in Knoxville.
.How come nobody ever tells them to buzz off, and that if the President wants to play golf he can damn well respect the rights of others? The response to the ominous “So, you’re not cooperating?” should be “No, are you assaulting me?”
If the President wants to go out in public, fine. If he can’t do it without assaulting the rights of citizens, then he should stay home. But hey, most of these folks probably voted for him. So: Enjoy!
Citizens of a republic shouldn't be subjected to frisking or wanding jus t because the boss shows up.

I know that the Secret Service has a hard job, but the optics of this trip are truly horrible.   The Lightworker needs to stay his ass at the White House until his tour is over.  That would be January, 2017.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Funny, they don't do that at Andrews Golf Course... :-)

Anonymous said...

Compare it to when Buchanan showed up at a gun show........you know, where there are lots of guns....

Precision270 said...

And when they find my CCW piece (or two) and +/- 40 rounds of ammo on me.

Always up for a civil rights violation lawsuit, I guess.